MacuLogix, Inc. operates this website to provide information on products and services that we market, including the AdaptDx and the AdaptDx Pro.
Effective Date: [October 1, 2020]
MacuLogix, Inc. (“MacuLogix,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) operates this website to provide information on products and services that we market, including the AdaptDx® dark adaptometer, and the AdaptDx Pro™. We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of our online visitors.
Information You Provide
On the Site, we may collect personally identifiable information from you, if you provide it to us. This personally identifiable information can include: your first name, last name, company name, phone number, email address, and physical address (street, city, state, ZIP code, and country).
Information That is Automatically Collected
Whenever you visit the Site, we automatically collect information that your browser sends to us that is called “Log Data”. This Log Data may include information such as your browser version, pages of the Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, demographic information, and other statistics. We use this information for a variety of purposes, including to improve the content of our Site as well as to provide visitors with a more relevant overall experience with our organization and our Site. We may also use Log Data to analyze trends, usage, and activities relating to the use of the Site, to provide social media features, and for marketing, development, and promotion of our products and services.
We collect Log Data using cookies. Cookies are files that contain a small amount of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Our Site uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our services.
To learn how to use privacy mode, refer to the links below depending on the browser you use:
- InPrivate mode in Microsoft Edge
- Incognito mode in Google Chrome
- Private browsing mode in Mozilla FireFox
- Private browsing mode in Apple Safari
How We Use the Information We Collect
Information collected on the Site is used for a variety of purposes including: to provide the Site to you and to improve the Site; for the marketing, development, and promotion of our products and services; to respond to questions for support and requests; and to provide information about us and our products and services. We may also use this information to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities relating to the use of the Site and our products and services and for marketing or advertising purposes.
Sharing of Information
- With Third-Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to facilitate our services, to provide the Site on our behalf, to perform marketing-related services or manage customer and prospective customer information, to assist us in analyzing how our Site is used, or to fulfill your requests, such as those related to ordering and payment.
- With Our Business Partners. We may share your information with other businesses with whom we have a relationship so that they can provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property, or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request, or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with a change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
Security Used & Retention of Personal Information
MacuLogix uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition, or misuse of personal information, however, the security of information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation.
Links to Other Sites
Your Privacy Rights Under California’s “Shine the Light” Law
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents with whom we have an established business relationship are entitled to request and receive, free of charge, once per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses in the previous calendar year. To request a copy, please contact us at the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” law requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us. To learn about how you can set preferences regarding cookies that are used on the MacuLogix website, please see the section above entitled, “Cookies.”
Our Services are not directed to anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below so that we will be able to take the necessary actions.
Additional Information for EU Visitors
With respect to “personal data” as defined by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) that you may provide to us through the Site, we serve as the “controller.”
We provide the Site from servers located in the United States. If you are accessing the Site from the European Union, we will only transfer your personal information to the United States through the use of appropriate safeguards. We process personal information to pursue our legitimate business interest to operate the Site and our business and as described in the section titled “How We Use the Information We Collect” above. To learn more about with whom we share your personal information please refer to the section titled “Sharing of Information” above.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation. Copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted will remain in our systems if applicable law requires us to retain it.
You have a right to access your personal information, rectify inaccurate personal information kept about you, request the erasure of personal information and to request that we restrict the processing of your data in certain circumstances. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact us in writing at the contact information provided below, and allow reasonable time for the data to be collected. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
3721 TecPort Drive, Suite 301
Harrisburg, PA 17111